AAA Overhead Door - Discriminated against for being a renter & not the home owner

My garage door was having a security issue of opening up again after it closed. It was installed by AAA Atlantic Overhead Door (241-9933) less than 6 months ago. I left in my car on 1-5-14 and thought the garage door closed, but it didn't. It opened back up and was wide-open for my bike to be stolen or a criminal to enter the house where my son was asleep!

When I returned home, I was upset to discover the door had not closed & I immediately disconnected the wires to the photo-eye sensors so that garage door would not re-open unintentionally and called AAA Atlantic Overhead Door for maintenance. After calling on 1-6-14 and then waiting all day 1-7-14, someone finally arrived about 6:00pm. The employee was rude and unprofessional to me and acted like the garage door problem was MY fault! He was angry that I touched the photo-eye sensor wires. I explained that I already had a $200 bike stolen & didn't want someone to break into our house due to the defective opener. It took him less than 10 minutes to fix the problem. . .and then charged $90 for the service call! I don't like the way I was treated with disrespect. I pay alot of money each month to live at the beach. He knew I was not the owner, but a renter and treated me like a second class citizen.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Helpful? 1 Yes 1 1 No 1
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to AAA Overhead Door. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about AAA Overhead Door.
Filing a new complaint about